Why use the TICK TWISTER® to remove ticks ?
The TICK TWISTER® hook
- doesn't leave the tick's rostrum in the skin
- doesn't squeeze the tick's abdomen
- removes ticks of any size
- removes ticks from animals and people
- doesn't need any chemical products (alcohol, ether,...)
- enables a quick and painless tick removal
- is unbreakable, hardwearing and indefinitely reusable
doesn't leave the tick's mouthparts
The tick’s rostrum (the part that is embedded in the skin and improperly referred to as “the tick’s head”) is covered with backward pointing spikes that allow the tick to “anchor” in the skin.
By pulling up on the tick, the spikes will rise and lock the rostrum in the skin. The tick may break leaving body parts resting in the skin and causing a painful inflammation, or an infection.
By twisting, the spikes bend into the axis of rotation, and the tick is easily removed, without traction, decreasing the risks of breaking the rostrum.
doesn't squeeze the tick's abdomen
While removing a tick, it is essential not to compress it, reducing the risk of saliva back-flow.
A tick’s saliva contains irritating substances and sometimes microorganisms that can lead to infections and/or allergies.
Tweezers and other instruments exert a pressure on the tick, but not the TICK TWISTER® hook .